In 1950, the four Ting brothers started a small panciteria in Quiapo. The panciteria served only the lomi at first. After the World War II, they decided to expand their menu to serve more Filipino and Chinese dishes to their loyal customers.
The Ting brothers developed a special recipe for the fried chicken and gravy that became popular not only with the Chinese community, but to the Filipino families as well.
After 66 years, theOriginal Savory’s first branch located at the foot of Jones Bridge still continues to serve the old recipes passed on by the forefathers, maintaining the flavor that elevated its fried chicken to an emulated status.
To date, they expanded to 13 branches bringing the taste of theOriginal Savory closer to our homes.